A combination of even the most beautiful outfit, makeup, perfect shoes and accessories, is never complete without a smashing haircut. The hairstyling industry is one of the largest enterprises of the world. From upscale celebrity joints to classy spaces for aspiring stylistas, hair salons have been a really successful endeavor of the century.
A survey report published in the IBIS World informed that profits from the beauty salon industry have increased from 1.9% in 2009 to 5.7% in 2014. The growth of revenue in the same is expected to rise at an average annual rate of 3.2% to $58.7 billion by 2019.
Mumbai and hairstyling
Of the largest fashion hotspots of India, Mumbai has always maintained international standards for hair styling services. Mumbaikars are known to be very particular and enthusiastic about hair care and maintenance. Cost becomes of little importance when first class hair jobs come in question. There are hundreds of hair salons in Mumbai, in and around the city.
Much of the hair grooming fancies can be attributed to the impact of Bollywood. Celebrity sightings are very common, and people are constantly updated on the latest styles on the first encounter basis. It can be rightfully said that the hair care and styling industry is the dominating earner amidall entire fashion sectors. Men are at par with women when it comes to hairstyles.
Customer demographic of hair salons in Mumbai
The hair salons in Mumbai get customers from both genders. Most of the salons are unisex but there are places that serve only specific categories.
- Celeb section: The most frequenting customers, needless to say, are those associated with Bollywood and other celebrity junctions. These big guns constantly require updated hair styles and the hairstylists of the city have not failed to satisfy their needs to give them a trendy and fashionable look.
- Business chic: The corporate workers also comprise a huge chunk of the clientele. This section is an avid lover of the chic and sophisticated look and ceaselessly upgrades appearances to remain on point. The hairstyles for the business chic is classy and professional giving them a business look.
- Glam moms: The Mumbai moms, specially wives of the high profile businessmen and stars absolutely love a good hair spa and styling day. A lovely way to relax and feel pampered, these ladies solemnly swear by monthly visits to their hairstylists as a great way to let off steam and feel like princesses for a day. The bonus is the kids getting to spend time with their fathers!
- Young fashion: Another major customer demographic is the college students. The young twenty-somethings make sure to keep their fashion flawless and hair stylish. The young college crowd of Mumbai are quite fashionable compared to the rest of the country’s city college crowd and they do not stay behind when it comes to getting trendy hairstyles at a hair salon in Mumbai.
- Touristy: Tourists love to get their hair styled in Mumbai. The fashion scene in Mumbai is no secret and many people plan trips to the city just to get and upgraded hairstyles. And flaunting a fabulous haircut is always a delight, isn’t it?
Services of hairstyle at hair salons in Mumbai
Hair care and styling is a very important part of the fashion arena of Mumbai. The numerous hair salons in Mumbai manage to cater to the needs of the fashionable citizens of the city. With more enterprises coming up every month, people can tend to their requirements even better in the near future.
Hair styling includes a wide range of services, starting from hair cutting to coloring to complete body alterations. Most hair salons in Mumbai offer appointment based services, so that every customer is given full attention and time. But there’s no need to get worried if you are new in town and do not know any good stylists. The hair salons also entertain walk-in customers whenever possible. If they cannot accommodate you at the time, they will make sure to book you an appointment.
One of the most important points to check while choosing a hair stylist is training and qualification details of the workers. Most salons already have any relevant information displayed at the reception, but they are happy to answer any further questions that you may have. Most hairstylists are trained at established and popular beauty schools around the world.
Hairstylist in Mumbai
Most of the famous hairstylists in India are based in Mumbai. To name a few of them are:
- Savio Pereira – He has been trained at Tony & Guy among other leading houses, and has also been the creative brand ambassador for brands like L’Oreal and Schwarzkopf.
- Jaweb Habib – Jaweb’s creativity, imagination and hard work has helped him flourish his career as a hairstylist and made him popular amongst the fashion and film crowd.
- Sapna Bhavnani – Sapnais one of the most renowned hairstylist in the fashion world. Some of her famous client list includes Hrithik Roshan, Priyanka Chopra, ViratKohli, Mahendra Singh Dhoni, Gauri Khan, SiddharthMallya, MandiraBedi and many more.
- Aalim Hakim – He is a famous Indian hairstylist who has gained fame and made his stand in the film and fashion industry. Some of the most popular celebrities have got their hair styling done from Aalim. include Ranbir Kapoor, Shahid Kapoor, Salman Khan, Ajay Devgan, Sanjay Dutt, DeepikaPadukone and many more.
- Vikash Marwah – he’s one of the most sought-after names in hair styling for movies, ad campaigns, and ramp shows.
Specialties of hair salons in Mumbai
An appointment at a popular hair salon will not just give you a good haircut, but also a ton of information regarding your hair. A complete analysis of your hair quality is done through tests and lifestyle questionnaires. In this way, you are given a full hair examination profile on the basis of which everyday care, styling and maintenance instructions are given to you. Your stylist becomes your personal hair assistant in a way.
This is a preferred choice for large families because budget and time saving go hand in hand. In fact, a report published by the Small Business Development Center Network stated that large households are a big customer of the personal care market. They spend 25-28% more on hair care products are the strongest buyers in the business.
The love for hair styling goes back a long way in the civilization. It is a symbol of good health and virility. Trends may come and go, but they forever remain in the interest of full and beautiful locks.